We recently undertook a pupil perception survey to ascertain how our pupils feel about their school, their safety, pupil behaviour and bullying and how the staff and leadership ensure they are safe and happy. See what they think below – Heathcote pupils are bright, bold and brave – they feel secure to voice their opinions, in a world where we must feel empowered to showcase our worth, our children show they are worth their weight in gold!
At Heathcote Preparatory School and Nursery, we ensure our pupils have a voice from EYFS to Form 6. We want them to be a part of their educational journey and feel autonomous in the whole process. Recently this term, we gave pupils a survey to complete looking at the behaviour and conduct at our school to see what they felt and experienced and what could be adapted to better support them. We weren’t surprised by what they told us but we are very proud:
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 told us that Heathcote is a good school
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 told us they enjoy going to school
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 told us their teachers give them work that challenges them
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 said they feel safe at school
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 felt the school took behaviour seriously (rewards and consequences)
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 could name staff they would go to if they were worried or felt unsafe, most named a few!
- 100% of our pupils from EYFS to Form 6 said that the school adults try to help if the pupil has done something wrong
- On a scale of 1-10 our pupils gave an average score of 8.4/10 for behaviour at Heathcote and 8.57 for emotional wellbeing at Heathcote
What an incredible community we are at Heathcote. Our children and staff fill us with pride and it is clear to see why we are the ISA School of the Year! Thank you Heathcote family!
If you want to see this magical place for yourself, please get in touch to book a tour!